Desw.gov.in Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme Pmss 2016-17 Ex-servicemen Welfare Department

Discussion in 'Latest Scholarships and Fellowships' started by OnlineScholarship, May 26, 2016.

1. OnlineScholarship

OnlineScholarship Administrator Staff Member

Under the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme PMSS, the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, provides the scholarships to the dependent wards/ widows of Ex-Servicemen and ex-Indian Coast Guard employees who are practising Professional Degree Courses the institutions which are duly recognized by the govt. regulatory bodies like MCI, AICTE and UGC ETC. The candidates who have joined the Professional courses in the academic session 2016-17 are eligible to apply for PMSS 2016-17.

Who are eligible for PMS Scheme :

<>> Those candidates are eligible for PMSS who are dependent wards/ widows of Ex-Servicemen and ex-Indian Coast Guard employees who died in harness or disabled due to causes attributable to military service or coast guard service.

<>> To be eligible for PMSS 2016-17, the student must have taken admission in the institutions recognized by the government regulatory bodies.

<>> The candidate must have obtained 60 per cent or above marks in 10+2, Diploma and Graduation.

Eligible Courses :

=} All the professional degree course, such as BE, B. Tech, BDS, MBBS, B.Ed, BBA, BCA, B Pharma etc. duly recognized by Govt. regulatory bodies like AICTE, MCI, UGC.

=} Master Degree courses are not elgible to PMSS except MBA, MCA.

=} The students who are studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme.

=} Those students are also not eligible who are getting stipend for the professional degree courses.

=} Distance learning course is not permitted under PMSS.

Amount of Scholarship

@=}. The selected candidates will be provided with the following scholarship amount.

=a.> Rs. Two Thousand (2000/-) per month for boys

=b.> Rs. Two thousand two hundred fifty per month for girls

@=}. The above payment will be paid annually to the students. First payment will be paid to the students just after the selection in merit list of 4000 candidates.

@=}. For the subsequent payments the candidate should have to submit the payment cum renewal form with the Bonafide certificate on completion of their each academic year till the completion of course.

Other Important Details :

This is mandatory to all the candidates or beneficiaries to open a Bank account in SBI (State Bank of India) or PNB (Punjab National Bank) which has electronic clearance system or core banking in order to transfer the scholarship amount to the bank account of student.

If the student has minor account, then it should be converted to the major account. In case of minor account, the joint account with parent will also fulfil the requirement.

It is compulsory to attach the first page of bank passbook (self attested), having the name and account number of the student. A cancelled blank crossed cheque should be needed showing the account number and name of the candidate.

Aadhaar number is also required of the student as the scholarship amount will be disbursed to the bank account number which must be linked with Aadhaar Number.

Procedure to apply for PMSS :

(~) One candidate is eligible to apply for only one course. If received more than one application for more than one course, all the applications will be rejected.

(~) The candidates can download the scholarship application form from the website, ie. desw.gov.in.

(~) No other way of forward of application is accepted.

(~) Application should be forwarded on A4 size paper (typed/handwritten) in the prescribed format must be completed in respect.

(~) Application along with the other documents should be submitted in the envelope and the candidate must write ‘Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for the Academic session 2016-17’ on the top of the envelope.

(~) The application form should be accompanied with the other documents.

Required documents attached with PMSS Application form :

** Sample Copy of Ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard Certificate (Annexure-1 of Application Form).

** Photocopy of Matriculation Certificate duly attested for verifying the Date of Birth.

** Minimum Educational Qualification certificate self attested, as applicable. (10+2 Mark sheet / Graduation (mark sheets of 3 years) / Diploma (mark sheets of all semesters).

** Photocopy of 1st page of Bank Passbook / one cancelled cheque leaf showing the name and A/c Number of Student.

** Self attested copy of PPO

Selection Criteria :

All the received applications will be reviewed and short listed on the basis of Ex-servicemen/Ex Coast Guard category and the percentage of marks obtained in MEQ.

2. guest

guest New Member

i got 93 % in pcm whether i can get scholarship or not

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2017 at 12:38 PM
  3. guest

guest New Member

I have 10 cgpa in 10th class whether i can get scholarship or not

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2017 at 11:08 AM
  4. Priyanka

Priyanka Guest

Is this scholarship is for who got above 80%.i got 92% but I don't belong to the coast guard family

5. guest

guest New Member

oh no its only to the dependents of defence and coast guard families.

6. guest

guest New Member

priyanka, you are not eligible for this scholarship.

7. guest

guest New Member

i have an arrear in one paper.... Am i eligible to get scholarship

8. guest

guest New Member

Can anyone send me the link please

9. guest

guest New Member

where we will get the application form???

10. guest

guest New Member

Now i am doing my pg course. am i eligible or not

11. guest

guest New Member

when will the application form will be released

12. guest

guest New Member

wen is the last date to apply

13. guest

guest New Member

My brother is studying inter 2nd year..my father is an exserviceman...is he elgible for scholarship

14. guest

guest New Member

the details given above about the way of submission and the documents are different from those given in official website www.ksb.gov.in

15. guest

guest New Member

Is this scholarship is also applicable for law student?

16. guest

guest New Member

please provide me application link

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2016
  17. guest

guest New Member

Last date of Application form is when?

18. SAKSHAM

SAKSHAM Guest

FOR RENEWAL FORM, DO WE HAVE TO SEND THE HARD COPIES TOO , AFTER APPLYING ONLINE SUCCESFULLY?

19. guest

guest New Member

how to apply for renewal

20. guest

guest New Member

I m 2nd year student of b tech . Can I get it scholarship????

21. guest

guest New Member

pmss new regiastration form 2016-2017

22. guest

guest New Member

A bhai log apun ne bhi 2016 m high school paas Kiya 86.7℅ k Saath Kya apun ko bhi ye scholarship milega......

SHIVA

Draft saved Draft deleted