Ongcindia.com ONGC Scholarship 2015 for SC ST students Application Process Eligibility

Discussion in 'Scholarships for Engineering' started by OnlineScholarship, Apr 30, 2015.

1. OnlineScholarship

OnlineScholarship Administrator Staff Member

The esteemed organisation of our country Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited or ONGC, an India’s multinational Oil & Gas Co. is giving scholarship to the students falling under the category of Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST). This scholarship is provided for practising professional courses throughout the nation. Under the ONGC Scholarship for SC/ST students program, total 500 scholarship of Rs. 48,000/- will be given to the eligible candidates annually to the candidates pursuing professional courses in the field of engineering, Medical and Master Degree courses in Business Administration, Geology & Geophysics.

From the total, 50% ONGC scholarships are reserved for the female candidates in order to promote the girls education and to provide them the superior career opportunities.

Eligibility Criteria for ONGC Scholarship 2015 for SC ST:
    @# Educational Qualification:

a~ The candidates who is practising full time/regular courses(4 years course only) are eligible to apply for ONGC Scholarship

b~ The candidates must be practising First year of Master degree (two years course only) in Geology/Geophysics or MBA.

c~ The candidates who is practising pursuing 1st year Engineering or MBBS course can apply

d~ The College / Institution / University from where the student practising their course should be recognized by ISC/CBSE/ MCI / AICTE/ UGC / Association of Indian universities / State Education Boards/State Government / Central Government

@# Minimum Qualifying Marks:

(i) The candidates must have scored minimum 60 % marks in qualifying exams.

(ii) The candidate must have secured minimum 60% in Class 12 for practising engineering/medical course.

(iii) The candidates must have secured minimum 60% of marks in graduation for pursuing master degree course.

(iv) The candidates should obtained OGPA/CGPA of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale

@# Gross income:

The gross income of the candidates’ family should not exceed Rs. 4,00,000/- from all sources.

@# Age:
    The Maximum age limit of the candidate should be 30 years.

@# The students must be Indian nationality

@# The candidates must be getting any other scholarship/financial assistance from any of the source. Whereas, if the candidates getting fee waiver/ reimbursement of tuition fees from any of the State governments are eligible to apply for the scholarship scheme.

@# Those candidates are not eligible for the ONGC scholarship scheme that are pursuing course through distance mode/correspondence.

Reward of ONGC Scholarship 2015 for SC ST:
    (1) There are 500 scholarships of Rs. 48000/- will be awarded to each SC/ST students every years.

(2) The scholarship will be distributed zone wise.

(3) The Corporation has divided all the states into five zones and each zone is allotted with 100 scholarships.

The details are given below:-

Engineering
    Duration : 4 years

No. of Scholarship 247

Qualifying Exam: 12th Class

Amount Rs. 4000.00

MBBS
    Duration : 4 years

No. of Scholarship 45

Qualifying Exam: 12th Class

Amount Rs. 4000.00

MBA
    Duration : 2 years

No. of Scholarship 73

Qualifying Exam: Graduation

Amount Rs. 4000.00

Masters in Geology/Geophysics
    Duration : 2 years

No. of Scholarship 135

Qualifying Exam: Graduation

Amount Rs. 4000.00

How to Apply for ONGC Scholarship 2015 for SC ST

1. The applicants are able to download the ONGC Scholarship Application Form from the web portal of ONGC, ie. ongcindia.com.

2. The verified filled in application must be forwarded by the Head of the Institute/college/university where the applicant is practising their studies.

3. The zone of the candidate for the application procedure will be based on the location of the institute/college/university where the candidates has practised their previous studies. Class XII in case of engineering/MBBS and Graduation in case of Masters courses.

Supportive documents needed to be submitted with the Application form :

=1. Proof of Date Birth- The applicant can submit 10th Mark sheet or Birth certificates as a prove.

=2. Marksheet of qualifying classes- The applicant should submit the attested copy of mark sheet of 12th standard for pursuing graduation level course and graduation mark sheet in case of pursuing Master’s course.

=3. Submit the Income Certificate issued from the Competent Authority not below the rank of Tehsildar in English or Hindi.

=4. Send the hard copy of application form with all the required documents to the assigned office address of ONGC.

Address of the Designated ONGC Offices as per the zone

Zone –1 (North): J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh.

Office Address : Chief Manager (HR), SC/ST Cell, Green Hills, A-Wing, Ground Floor, ONGC,Tel Bhavan, Dehradun – 248 003

Zone -2 (West): Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli

Office Address : I/C HR/ER Services, 11-High, ONGC, Bandra Sion Link Road, Mumbai – 400 017

Zone –3 (North East): Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura

Office Address: I/C HR/ER, ROB-III, 2nd Floor, ONGC, Assam Asset, P.O. Nazira Sivasagar – 785685

Zone-4 (East): Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal

Office Address: I/C HR/ER,MBA Basin, ONGC, 50-J.L. Nehru Road, Kolkata- 7000 71

Zone -5 (South): Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Pudducherry, Lakshdweep, Andaman & Nicobor Islands

Office Address: I/C HR/ER,ONGC, 7th Floor, East Wing, CMDA TowerI, No. 1, Gandhi Irwin Road, Egmore., Chennai – 600 008

Procedure of Selection for ONGC Scholarship 2015 SC/ST:

A] The selection of the candidates will be based on the performance of the students in class 12 in case of admission to Engineering/Medical courses and Graduation in case of admission to Post Graduate courses i.e. Geophysics/Geology/MBA.

B] If the candidate selected for scholarship, the copy of PAN card is to be submitted in favour of the candidates.

2. puja sarkar

puja sarkar Guest

Sir is it applicable for the students who have passed diploma ?

3. yeah bro...

yeah bro... Guest

absolutely no. please check here for further information

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  4. what is eligibility for it

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  5. mahesh babu

mahesh babu Guest

is it applicabile for degree students

6. prasanth

prasanth Guest

sir, i am 3rd year student of nit durgapur .. can i apply for ongc scholarship ?please reply me..

7. adarsh

adarsh Guest

sir i am third year engineering student. can i apply for this scholarship.

8. Akhlesh Arya

Akhlesh Arya Guest

Hii I want to participate in ONGC scholarship 2015 2016

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  9. akshay pote

akshay pote Guest

Hi sir i am 3rd year student can I applied for this scholarship ..

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  10. akshay pote

akshay pote Guest

Hi sir i am 3rd year student can I applied for this scholarship ..

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  11. I am direct second year engg. Student i m eligible for it or not .

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  12. I want ONGC scholarship for scheduled caste student

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  13. balaji gopi

balaji gopi Guest

sir What is the last date for ONGC scholarship

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  14. I want to apply for ONGC scholarship

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  15. what the application process

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  16. p.sangeetha